[ale] IPv6 and Atlantic Nexus

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 18:53:24 EST 2011

I sent an email to AtNex inquiring about their plans for IPv6. I was
hoping they might be planning to assign a v6 address in addition to
the v4 address for those with static v4s. Here is the response:

"We have no plans to use or deploy ipV6 yet.  As far as I can tell, ipV6
is still not a functional technology.  I'm sure there will be a rush by
the manufacturers and standards people to beat it into shape now that
IANA has delegated the last blocks to the RIRs.  But, there will be
trading in V4 addresses that, I think, will extend the life of V4 for
many years.

And, as far as the DSL network goes, most of the CPE in our customer
base does not support V6.  Neither does our Redback at the head end of
the network.

Better figure on tunnels if you really want to use V6."

So if you are using AtNex, and thought you might able to get an
assignment directly from them any time soon, you can forget about it.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59