[ale] what would you use to recover files from a reformatted ext3/4 drive?

Wolf Halton wolf at wolfhalton.info
Thu Feb 3 10:06:24 EST 2011

I managed to accidentally lose the content of the  /home folder when
updating Ubuntu 10.4.
Something about starting a project like this at 3:00 am...  I set the
partition not to be reformatted, but had forgotten it was ext3, so when
I was pointing the mount to /home, I also set the file system to ext4.
I am prepared to just suck it up and move on, but if there is a chance
of recovering the data, I would like to try (before the users over-write
too much). Any ideas?

Wolf