[ale] Mozy is changing the pricing model.

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:20:58 EST 2011

SpiderOak

$0.10/GB / month.
Sold in 100GB chunks (ie. $10/month chunks)
First 2 GB free
20% discount to openSUSE users.  (And other?)
Fairly nice GUI.  Supports Windows and Linux.

So you can sign up for a 2GB account now and test to your hearts content.

fyi: I have a 300GB account with them and backup a couple small
fileservers.  I find the software is not as reliable as I would like.
Better for desktop use than for unattended server use.  ie. Invoking
the backup via cron doesn't work very well, even though it is
supported.

Greg