[ale] Mount a remote NTFS partition

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Feb 2 11:05:02 EST 2011

I have to wonder why it is that users cannot generally mount things in their
home directory without additional privileges. All that *should* be required
is access to the device node (or loopback file, or the network) and
ownership of the mount point.

Hurd has it, and Linux has it only for FUSE filesystems like sshfs (and only
because it uses root for the mount operation, if memory serves). Why?

--
Sent from my HTC Vision (G2), running Gingerbread.
That is, a phone-like mobile device. :)