[ale] Question

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Dec 29 14:07:42 EST 2011

Since this has degraded into a RH vs everything else, it reminds me of
having to administer/use a SysV (Motorola) and BSD systems (SunOS) at
the same time back in the late '80s.  Very different versions of Unix.
SysV reminds me of the stereotype orphanage headmaster, strict,
inflexible, intolerant, etc.  Whereas BSD was Marilyn Monroe, sleek,
easy on the eyes, friendly and compliant!  I can't tell you how many
times I had to beat the SysV system into behaving!

Good to see which of those systems won.

Jim.