[ale] godaddy for DNS

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Dec 29 12:22:29 EST 2011

John and company:

You have two options actually.
(1) Use GoDaddy for all of your DNS records.  However, reference another posting about the GoDaddy exodus due to their changing SOPA position.
(2) Use your virtual machine as one DNS server and a second for a DNS slave server.  My personal choice since some ISPs and hosting groups can cause issues with rDNS (reverse DNS) matching of email (part of spam detection/prevention in some cases) and such.  You would have your domain name registrar associate/register the domain's DNS with both of these (e.g., ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com for example.com) which comes up on a "whois example.com" typically at the bottom of the record.

HTH.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.