[ale] [ot] Xmpp, ejabberd question

Tim Watts tim at cliftonfarm.org
Tue Dec 27 10:41:02 EST 2011

Looks like someone already has.

from man rsync:

SETUP
       See the file README for installation instructions.

       Once  installed,  you  can  use  rsync  to any machine that you can access via a
       remote shell (as well as some that you can access using  the  rsync  daemon-mode
       protocol).   For  remote  transfers,  a modern rsync uses ssh for its communica‐
       tions, but it may have been configured  to  use  a  different  remote  shell  by
       default, such as rsh or remsh.

       You  can  also specify any remote shell you like, either by using the -e command
       line option, or by setting the RSYNC_RSH environment variable.

$ rsync --version
rsync  version 3.0.7  protocol version 30