[ale] OT - Postgresql Hot Spare time-lag config question

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:17:22 EST 2011

A month ago I was talking to Jim Kinney about PostgreSQL replication, but I
can't remember if we got down to specifics of how to make PostgreSQL hot
spare take a 30-minute lag to its write.  The stuff I am seeing all looks
like the kind of feature most people are looking for is 1:1 realtime synced
hot-spare.  I want an offset so if the data is corrupt, it might be
possible to recover on main before the hot-spare data is also corrupt.

I have been noodling around on the PostgreSQL site all morning and nobody
seems to have that piece there.