[ale] server troubles (again)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:03:11 EST 2011

Ha! It didn't have tubes at least! It was an industrial computer that was
used on the production floor of the GE mid size transformer plant in Rome,
Ga in 1977.
I hacked on the tape reader so it worked to load the "OS" instead of 12
hours of toggle switches. So GE bought a four word switch bank and a screen
output since they didn't have to buy a tape reader. Saleman was PISSED! IBM
or Wang. Don't recall.