[ale] [OT] Oh yeah? You think that's old?

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Dec 15 16:15:12 EST 2011

Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> All this talk about replacement hardware for the mail server got me
> thinking.  Given that the existing mail server is a P3 with 512MB.  I
> was curious as to what the lowest powered (from a computational
> perspective) computer anyone on the list still use even if not on a
> regular basis.  Stuff in your basement doesn't count. :-)

I have a Pentium laptop with 1 gig of memory that has Fedora installed
on it.

I have a 486 with 32 mb of memory that runs with the cpu pegged at 100%
7x24.  It has a video capture card and it is watching my driveway.  If
someone pulls up driveway a photo pops up on my desktop.  A very old
version of Linux, I don't even remember the distro as I don't mess with
it.  It just runs.