[ale] Creating a website

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Mon Dec 12 21:58:35 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 9:03 PM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> I'm in the middle of creating a new website.  I'm not sure which way to
> go.
>
> I'm not CSS wizard nor am I creative enough so I have thought about
> buying a really nice template.  A template will be nothing more than CSS
> and I'm fine with that.  My problem is that I do not want to add
> content.  I intend on an employee to add content and this individual
> does not want to use VIM.
>
> How could I deploy something off this site:
>
> http://www.templatemonster.com/website-templates.php
>
> but make it easy for someone to add/edit/delete pages?
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

Use a content management system -- Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress,
something like that.  There are plenty of themes out there for them
and the content can be managed without any need to understand CSS,
etc.  Most of them provide WYSIWYG editing, either built-in or as a
plugin/module/extension.

David

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com