[ale] OT: gas going up this weekend

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 16:19:52 EDT 2011

The spike in 08 that was fueled (ha, ha) by the speculators which magically
coincided with the beginning of the economic crash. The graph between then
and now looks just like the graph before the 08 spike/crash.

I'm convinced that the 08 spike was also a test to see what people would
actually put up with for fuel prices. When it hit $4.25/g MARTA got crowded!
My luck I was driving 35 miles to work each way at the time. I20 was WAY too
scary for a scooter that got 65MPG.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Geoffrey Myers <lists at serioustechnology.com
> wrote:

> Folks, go here and select 6 year and the timeframe between the 2008/2009
> low and now is what has caught my attention.
>
> http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx
>

> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> "I predict future happiness for America if they can prevent
> the government from wasting the labors of the people under
> the pretense of taking care of them."
> - Thomas Jefferson

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky*