[ale] sh archive

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 10:40:31 EDT 2011

Ah HA!. Thanks! I did a yum search for shar but lost the package name in the
chaff (it seems LOTS of stuff is involved with SHARing in Linux!) The
sharutils is part of the standard Fedora repo but is not enstalled by
default (unless you need uuencode/uudecode - do people still download pr0n
from usenet?) .

will poke at shar later to see how it works. I'm pretty sold on the
self-extracting tarball process as I've used it extensively in the past.

wget http://myupdateserver/updates_<date> | /bin/bash -x makes for an easy
way to push a gazillion specialty tweaks to a gazillion +1 machines without
the overhead of a spacewalk server.