[ale] OT - Best Auto GPS

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Tue Apr 19 13:48:37 EDT 2011

In fact she has a smart phone (pretty sure not a droid) and downloaded a
free GPS trial but I gather she never got it working and ended up
canceling it.

I just spent a couple of hours this past weekend getting her Apple mail
to work with her Bellsouth.net email.   (The AT&T disservice department
walked her through deleting her account then the power went out.   When
she called back they told her they only support the Web interface and
"offered" to transfer her to a pay support department to get her Apple
Mail working.)   As I said she isn't technical so often comes to me for
these kind of issues.  I was interested to find out AT&T apparently
moved all their user's to Yahoo Mail about a year ago.   It was also
interesting they were providing SSL ports to setup POP (excuse me POP3S
for the picky on the list) and SMTP.   I told her in future if she has
issues with mail first check to see if it shows up on the web site.  If
not she should call them and not mention the Apple.

I found my way to the Apple CLI (terminal) so I could examine ports and
do some telnet to port tests.   Why the hell do they put it under
Applications-->Utilities-->Terminal and also have another Utilities at
same level as Applications that doesn't have Terminal?