[ale] Posting to ALE-jobs list (was Re: [Fwd: Linux Engineer - Charlotte])

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:48:34 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM, arxaaron <arxaaron at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2011/04/18, at 17:28 , Damon L. Chesser wrote:
>
> > keeps bouncing from jobs-ale at ale.org so I sent it here: ...
>
> This is to help everyone be informed as this is not a snark in
> any way, but
>                 <ale-jobs at ale.org>
>                                                is the correct address
> for our jobs list.
>
> The list is open but moderated so that any employer or job seeker
> can easily post to the list without subscribing to it, though posters
> will get a bounce notifying them that their message is "awaiting
> moderator approval".
>
> Jim Kinney is very diligent in monitoring and moderating the list.
> If the message is a  legitimate employment related posting with
> any kind of relevance to Linux / *nix / FLOSS, no matter how remote
> or tenuous the connection, then it will get delivered to <ale-jobs>
> subscribers very promptly.
>
> (-: And rest assured that, despite the liberal nature of Jim's posting
> policy, adverts for medications or methods to enhance the scale or
> function of ones natural gifts almost never qualify. :-).

So far none of the ale-jobs post requests have been clearly involved in such
activities.

However, _I_ have received several cold recruiting emails looking for
sys-admin with expert Linux email server skills and a track record with
verifying email delivery techniques.

Yeah. "mail enhancement".

> Damon's job posting forward has also been sent out on the
> ale-jobs list now.  Thanks for passing that on, Damon!
>
> peace
> aaron

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.