[ale] Unix Automation?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Apr 18 08:51:34 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 05:23 -0700, Damon Chesser wrote:

> I am curious, having never used Unix, anybody have a clue what  he
> might have meant?

What he meant was that he was not really a UNIX geek and that Linux
perplexed him :)

Sorry,  I've never bit**ed about things being automatic.  If anything
I've complained about things being too automatic making it harder for
newbies to learn the internals so they can fix real problems.

As I said before.  When I got into Linux vi was our config tool and we
learned more about UNIX then than a noob will learn today in the same
amount of time.  If you had to download a base X config and then
configure it for your desktop using vi then raise your hand....
Everyone else get off my lawn!

Chris