[ale] Fedora oddity

Drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Wed Apr 13 22:54:29 EDT 2011

A clue!
  Maybe -- but not for me. :(

I keep trying to download the upgrade to FC-14. It keeps not working.
Found this in /var/log/messages:

> python: abrt: detected unhandled Python exception in
/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py

> abrtd: dumpsocket: New client connected

>abrtd: dumpsocket: Saved Python crash dump of pid 3156 to
/var/spool/abrt/pyhook-1302748263-3156

>abrtd: dumpsocket: Socket client disconnected

>abrtd: Directory 'pyhook-1302748263-3156' creation detected
>abrtd: Crash is in database already (dup of
/var/spool/abrt/pyhook-1302741226-9340)

>abrtd: Deleting crash pyhook-1302748263-3156 (dup of
pyhook-1302741226-9340), sending dbus signal

I now suspect there is a problem in preupgrade-gtk.py, but I do not have
the skills to begin to unravel that sort of thing.

One last check of  /var/spool/abrt/pyhook-1302748263-3156/reason
yields this:

>dev.py:91:bootpath_to_anacondapath:PUError: /boot is on RAID device md0

So I took another look at the python script and found this (which is of no
help to me):

  # If available, download the stage2 installation image
        if self.pu.mainimage is not None:
            try:
                # download stage2.img
                stage2file = self.pu.retrieve_non_critical_files()
                stage2_abs = self.pu.bootpath+"/"+stage2file
                bootdevpath = bootpath_to_anacondapath(stage2_abs,
UUID=True)
                extra_args += " stage2=%s" % bootdevpath
            except PUError, e:
                # TODO: offer to create CD/copy stage2 to USB. bluh.
                message = str(e) + "\n\n"
                print message
                message += _("The main installer image could not be saved
to your hard drive. The installer can download this file once it starts,
but this requires a wired network connection during installation.\n\nIf
you do not have a wired network connection available, you should quit
now.")
                response = continueQuitDialog(self.ui.assistant, message)
                if response == gtk.RESPONSE_NO:
                    self.exit_instance(exitcode=1)
                # Fallback: let anaconda stage1 download stage2 from
instrepo
                stage2url = os.path.join(self.pu.instrepo.urls[0],
self.pu.mainimage)
                extra_args += " stage2=" + stage2url

I never see the message about saving to the hard drive, so I suspect the
script is crashing before it gets there.

I think I'm going to quit now and go to bed.  Tomorrow, as Scarlett said,
is another day.

Sean