[ale] An unnecessary outage

David Lemcoe forum at lemcoe.com
Wed Apr 13 17:38:39 EDT 2011

I have U-Verse at the house right now, and what I've found to work pretty
well when it comes to circumventing a ISP router, is to DMZ (forward ALL
ports and the IP address) to ANOTHER router (in my case a lovely Cisco 2621)
and then run your network like that. I'm almost certain every router would
be able to work in this fashion, as long as it pulled a static IP from the
ISP router.

As for your /28, I would see no reason the DHCP client and clients on the
network of the second router would refuse to give out addresses.

Good luck, I've definitely been around this kind of struggle before.

David