[ale] [OT] Load Control Switch

David Hillman hillmands at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:27:39 EDT 2011

I am not totally familiar with those switches, but a friend had one put in
his house.  Just from looking at the box outside the house, it looks like
the system ties into the A/C system just like a thermostat.  The thermostat
signal wires from the cooling unit went to the box and then wires went to
the thermostats inside the house.  My guess is there is some intelligent
electronics inside that box that operates like a thermostat, expect the
power company can take control of the system from their end.  They probably
will send a relay signal to all the boxes in one area and the boxes will
determine when and how long to turn off the A/C units to prevent damage.
 Unfortunately, it hasn't been hot enough for him to test the system out
yet.