[ale] [OT] Need to lock down a Windows laptop

Drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Apr 12 10:14:08 EDT 2011

I wouldn't let either of my kids take the driver's license test until they
had proved to me that they could change a flat tire on the car/truck they
would be driving.  They thanked me later -- much later -- when they
actually had to change a flat tire miles back down an empty dirt road.
(At that time we lived in a rural county with more than 100 miles of dirt
roads.)

What I have never understood is how drivers can be so insensitive to the
feel of the car that they don't know when a tire gets low.  Even with
power steering and sophisticated suspensions a car handles differently when
one tire is as little as 10 psi low.  Over the next few years a greater
percentage of cars will have tire pressure monitoring systems and the
problem will be ignorant drivers who ignore the idiot light when it
appears.

Me?  I'm waiting until more tire dealers/repair shops are able to refill
tires with nitrogen, which significantly reduces the problem of temperature
related pressure changes setting off the sensors.

Sean