[ale] Ultimate Cell Phone remote?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 11:15:55 EDT 2011

JD wrote:
> On 04/08/2011 10:23 AM, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
<snipped>
>> I'm looking for an ultimate remote control for my mythtv/boxee/hulu/xbmc
>> HTPC...  Obviously I would have to develop an app
>> for the platform
>
> I have a Nokia N800. There isn't a pre-built XBMC app for it and the
> XBMC dev team has deprecated the REST interface - leaving only the JSON
> version. I was ready to write an app using the REST interface, but not
> the JSON one.  The built-in web interface for XBMC is really lacking
> too. Barely worth looking at, IMHO.

I picked up a cheap Craig 7" Android tablet at CVS pharmacy for less
than $50.  After installing a newer Droid version I use it (via the
wifi) as a remote for my Roku box as well as several other programs.

I know it's not what you actually asked for, but I know XBMC and others
have a web interface and thought you might consider that route.