[ale] [OT] Please Help me with my homework

Drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Sat Apr 2 10:09:03 EDT 2011

One of the first secret ballots was part of Australian law.  But it had an
interesting quirk.  The ballot often was very large because full texts of
legal proposals were printed. The ballot had to be "properly" folded
before it was handed back to the election judge to be put into the ballot
box.  This served as a way to discriminate against the indigineous
population as they had no clue about paper and reading the crease lines to
figure out how to fold it back up.
I was joking on the folding of maps, not the reading of them.

Sean