[ale] 64-bit vs 32-bit?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Fri Apr 1 15:27:52 EDT 2011

It makes sense they'd do that.  With PAE being pretty common these
days, it could account for the lack of a user-visible advantage to going
64-bit.

Before tricks like PAE were common and stable, there were some
sacrifices users had to make to use a lot of RAM, but that was around
the turn of the millenium, I think.

  http://noserose.net/e/
  http://www.coraid.com/