[ale] Streaming video for Linux?

william witt william at witt-family.net
Tue Nov 30 10:31:25 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:
> On 11/30/2010 07:48 AM, william witt wrote:
>> 2) the 360 requires an XBox Live Gold account $70 a year or so,
>> however streaming to the Wii does not require anything ither than a
>> connection (neither does the PS3 if I'm not mistaken.)  So there are
>> other options if you have other consoles.
>>

> is this a good reason to get a Wii??
> can you subscribe to netflix & get movies over a Wii?
> ( thinking Xmas present here..:)
> I should probably talk to my son, since he HAS a Wii...

I don't know that I'd get a Wii just for Netflix streaming since it
doesn't really do HD, but my kids enjoy the games on it.  I see it as
a plus more than a reason.  You can also get something like a Roku (
http://www.roku.com/netflixplayer/ ) or Boxee ( http://www.boxee.tv/ )
if you're just looking for set top netflix streaming and going to
purchase something.

Will