[ale] Boot issues - OR - why Mafia$oft hurts/disappoints everyone endlessly

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 29 06:19:36 EST 2010

I would recommend that you try to use the Ubuntu Alternative Install CD.
You can work from the text based installer with it, and manually pick
your disk partitioning and other options. It seems to work better with
difficult hardware configurations than the Live CD version.

Maybe you could have someone talk you through the installation over the
phone. That might be more helpful that trying to email the questions and
results back and forth. I'd be more than happy to do that myself, but
I'm getting ready to board a plane for a two week business trip.

Dan