[ale] Boot issues - OR - why Mafia$oft hurts/disappoints everyone endlessly

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Nov 28 19:08:29 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 18:49 -0500, arxaaron wrote:

> This kind of insanity is why my mantra will forever remain
> "I DON'T DO WINDOWS."
> Mafia$oft computer environments are the biggest time sucking
> black hole of human misery and frustration in the universe.
>
> If someone is too blind to see the source of all their problems
> when it is repeatedly beating them over the head, then they
> may be beyond helping.

This is the main reason I don't try and convert people.  I run Linux and
you run Windows.  That is fine.  You don't have to run my OS and I don't
have to run yours.  I experience angst amongst those who try Linux and
fail because they are so used to Windows.  It takes too much effort and
energy to help them just to hear them complain about how Linux has
failed them or unable to run some obscure software package they need.

As people get older it gets harder for them to grasp new concepts.
Eventually it makes no sense for them to switch.  It would be too much
of a burden on them.

Chris