[ale] why Linux hurts/disappoints me more than once

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 10:10:16 EST 2010

Friends:

I have this decently good machine AMD BE2400.  I have Windoze on it for my
other folks at home to use as my pseudo-HTPC.  I wanted to convert that to
MYTH TV SERVER(It has 2 TB of storage)

Installed UBUNTU 10.04 server, installation went fine but then after reboot
I got Unable to mount root fs unknown block (0,0).

Cleaned out that install put the DEBIAN SQUEEZE on the machine.  The
installation went fine but this time also after reboot I am getting Unable
to mount root fs unknown block (0,0).

Before you folks say anything, this is quite a new Hard drive, may be 1.5
year old, very light use.  So bad hard drive is ruled out.

Any hints how I can fix this ?

-Narahari