[ale] faster linux

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 09:24:27 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com>wrote:

> Linus is right.  It deserves to be in the kernel.  But it's simply not
> the only place it should be in.  It sets a floor.  A minimum value.  But
> it also sets a paradigm to implement elsewhere as well in addition to...
> The bash patch is also a good start...  But only a start.  Namespaces
> and cgroups are a wonderfully rich facility on which to do all sorts of
> isolation and virtualization (look at LXC).  This whole debate about
> this or that is nothing more than a tempest in a teapot.  DO BOTH!

Once again MHW takes his wisdom directly from a poster on my wall: Peter's
Laws - The creed of the sociopathic obsessive compulsive.
#2: When given a choice - take both!

I would love the ability to tie a firefox tab with it's (offensive)
javascript thread to a unique cgroup process so _when_ some turd of an
effect performs a memwrite to address FFFFFFFFF01 instead of 0000000010
because of a programmers inability to _COUNT_, the entire 40 tabs of
research I have open with separate passwords on half of them don't require a
new login session.
James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.