[ale] faster linux

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 13:58:54 EST 2010

Thanks Brian - as usual - for a great bit of concise information.

> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/415740/3c25d44d948ecd44/

After getting an understanding from the article of how the
mechanism works, I tend to agree with Galbraith that this
feature belongs in user space (aka his 4 line bash patch)
with the improved implementation of per session group
scheduling down the road.

It just seems more functional and flexible to keep process
prioritizing in the user's hands regardless of whether you
are scheduling from a list of all processes (aka running
"make" with "-j##") or equitably distributed groups of
processes (aka real time media delivery group vs. time
flexible tasks).

peace
aaron