[ale] Homeland Open Security Technologies (HOST)

Joshua L. Davis simplehuman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 19:50:12 EST 2010

I'm just getting started on an awesome project from DHS that is focused on
1) increasing adoption of OSS across the U.S. government (federal, state,
local) for a reduction in overall IT expenses and 2) investing in OSS
security technologies to help all govies have access and afford good
security tools.

I'd love to talk about the program at one of the gatherings in the early
part of next year.  Part of my hope is to find local OSS that might relevant
to the program as well as folks interested in getting involved.  Still need
to figure some of this out but we are off to a good start.

http://www.slideshare.net/onesimplehuman/mil-oss4-aug2010maughan
http://www.cyber.st.dhs.gov/projects.html
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/  - Suricata is one of the initial
investments by DHS through HOST