[ale] temp mobile broadband option?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 12:38:22 EST 2010

Greg Clifton wrote:
> Wait, you have an android phone with Verizon with no data plan?

I don't have an android phone.  that was a tethering suggestion by
Richard or Derek which was fleshed out by William.  I have one of those
"military spec" ones because I wanted a tough phone that was water
proof.  that way I don't have to worry about it when I am riding in the
rain or it drops going down the road.

honestly, I haven't upgraded because I thought the data plans were not
reasonable.  I usually just use local Wi-Fi hotspots (Krystal, random
coffee shop, hotel) for my netbook.

unfortunately that's not the case this time.

I _have_ found scant info about using Dial-up Networking via bluetooth
with my phone, but don't know if I want to go that route.  might do a
test for piece of mind though.