[ale] source code

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Mon Nov 15 05:25:16 EST 2010

On Sunday 14 November 2010, Terry Bailey wrote:
> I see that it was confusing as to what I meant by source code.  I
> meant the html code generated by the cgi Perl script that is sent to
> the client browser.

> Thank you for your thoughtful answer.
>
> At one time I was involved with complied Perl and wondered the other
> day if that was still being done.

If the Perl runs on your own server I can not see how compling it would
help obscure it further from the end user. They only see the results (in
the form of HTML code) and none of actual script its self.

I could see where this might be useful to hide a script from data center
or web hosting employees, but this does not seem to be what you want to
do.
--
William