[ale] best cross platform development evironment

John P jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Nov 8 16:04:30 EST 2010

<snip>
<quote>

 From what I can tell, there is no modern, medium-high performance, object
oriented, multi-threaded, multi-core capable language in wide use that is
not encumbered by patents.  That's very discouraging.

</quote>
</snip>

I'm curious. What's wrong with C++?  It is much more cross-platform than C#. Any limiting factor, would be the libraries that you elect to utilize, but those would be your choice. If you are afraid of C++ memory management, just use smart pointers.