[ale] On switch for MB

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 8 15:39:43 EST 2010

Craig -

Just a guess from what you said (I assume a "nekkid" MB on a power-supply
cable), but I would try a n.o. pushbutton at the end on a twisted pigtail
from a 2-pin plug, cut (wires and all) from an old PC cabinet. I expect
a short push activates the MB, a long one turns it off. If you really want
to be fancy you can mount it on a scrap of metal or small plastic
container.

I bet Frys does have pushbutton switches, else try Radio Shack. (Maybe a
doorbell button from Ace Hardware would be more in the spirit of things -
just don't use the lighted kind. &8-)

Frys may have connectors to plug onto a 2-point 0.1" MB header, but
salvage is probably an easier approach. Naturally you could wire-wrap on
the pins, then solder if its a permanent setup.

  - Mills