[ale] best cross platform development evironment

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Mon Nov 8 09:59:41 EST 2010

Get over it?

In the first link is MS' "patent statement" that includes vague terms like "reasonable commercial fees" and "so long as...it meets standards".   Just the kind of thing that MS lawyers love because it allows them to decide at any time what is "reasonable" and what "meets standards".

MS is NOT well known for adhering to standards.  Sun had to sue them over the way they were using Java back at the beginning of the decade.   They also aren't well known for making things truly interoperable with other systems until antitrust decisions like the ones in the EU force them to do it and even then they don't use the interoperability modes as defaults.