[ale] VOTING ALERT: Protect Your Freedom to Work!

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 10:12:02 EDT 2010

dude-aaron-omy wrote:
> In researching the candidates and issues for voting my
> (paper, no reason required absentee) ballot today,
> I discovered a serious election fraud issue that affects
> everyone on this list, but most especially those who work
> as contractors.
>
> Georgians need to protect their essential freedom to pursue
> a livelihood by voting voting NO on AMENDMENT_1.
>
> Amendment_1 is a direct attack on the Free Market that
> removes constitutional provisions which protect workers
> from the extortion and entrapment of unrestricted corporate
> non-competition contracts.

After reading the amendment I would agree.  Were I a Georgia voter I
would not vote "yes" to this.

> The election fraud is that many voters won't know this fact
> because the ballot description for Amendment_1 directly
> contradicts the wording and intent of this republican led
> attack on our most basic freedom.

In looking at the amendment summary I'm seeing a (1) beside Kevin
Levitas of the 82nd, does this mean he initially sponsored the bill?
His political website shows him to be a Democrat and another was a
Democrat that switched parties to Republican (I'll save the speculation).

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2009_10/sum/hr178.htm