[ale] UPDATE on ALE North West // ALE_at_SPSU

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:35:59 EDT 2010

On invitation from ALE's Joshua Roberts, I was honored to be able
to share a rendition of our ALE "Introduction to Linux" OSPREX** at
the first meeting of his new Linux User Group at Southern Polytechnic
State University last Thursday (October 28).

The venue was very nice and easy to get to, the meeting was very
well attended and the presentation seemed very well received.
The student body of SPSU was very diverse and struck me as
quite well informed, judging from the energetic Q & A discussion
surrounding many of the aspects of FLOSS and Linux that the
presentation touched on.

This is the second Linux User Group that Joshua has inspired
and established on a Georgia Technical school campus, having
consulted with ALE members last year in creating the Lanier Tech
LUGNUTS.  Given the location of SPSU in the Marietta area
and Joshua's experiences with our group, ALE is being invited
to become an involved supporting organization of this new user
group, even to level of  adopting it as the new ALE Northwest
meeting, ALE NW @ SPSU.

If you want to help Joshua in strengthening this ALE <> SPSU
association and would like to see an Atlanta Linux Enthusiast
presence reestablished for the northwest  Atlanta area , please
contact: "Joshua Roberts" <jrtroberts at mindspring.com>
cell:   770.314.0146

Any support we can offer will be appreciated and input at this
early stage can help them shape the scheduling, form and
format of their meetings.  I think our ALE members stand to
benefit as much from this cooperative connection as the
students of SPSU will, so please consider getting involved.

peace
aaron
ALE Event Coordinator (etc)

** with thanks to Stephen Blevins for his continuing
development work on the ALE OSPREX