[ale] [OT] Upgrade G4 Mini to OS X 10.5?

Dylan Northrup ale at doc-x.net
Mon Nov 1 15:03:35 EDT 2010

You shouldn't need a PPC specific DVD.  The install version of Leopard I
have worked fine on my G5 tower (as well as my intel MBP).  I'd suggest
finding someone who has a copy of the DVDs as opposed to torrenting, but I'm
a little paranoid about foreign install media.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Joe Knapka <jknapka at kneuro.net> wrote:

> Hmm, OK.  But it no longer appears possible to obtain official Leopard
> PPC DVDs from Apple. I'm having trouble finding a usable 10.5 PPC
> installation DVD.  There are many dozens of torrents out there that
> sort of look right, but the one I actually downloaded so far was not
> bootable.
>

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Richard Bronosky <Richard at bronosky.com>
> wrote:
> > 10.5 is the last of the PPC compatible OSes. The first Intel only OS
> > is 10.6. You have indeed missed something.
> >
> > On 11/1/10, Joe Knapka <jknapka at kneuro.net> wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> My ex-wife has a G4 Mac Mini that refuses to work with her new iPod
> >> until it's upgraded to OSX 10.5.  Is it even possible to do this?
> >> Apple doesn't seem to provide 10.5 for G4 machines, unless (as is
> >> likely) I'm missing something obvious.  I also tried torrenting a
> >> "Universal" 10.5 installation DVD, but it wouldn't boot on her
> >> machine.
> >>
> >> Any advice appreciated.
> >>
> >> -- JK
> >>

> > --
> > Sent from my mobile device
> >
> > .!# RichardBronosky #!.

Dylan Northrup
"Adversity is just change we haven't adapted ourselves to yet."
  - Aimee Mullins