[ale] External HDD (non?)recommendations

m-aaron-r aaron at pd.org
Mon May 31 22:35:06 EDT 2010

Rather than a dedicated case, the external docking bays seem
like a good idea.  I'm considering this one:

<http://www.ixbay.com/en/dual-3-5-2-5-sata-ide-hdd-dock-docking-station-sd-usb.html

An ideal unit for me would have a 1394a (or b) Firewire interface, but
this one at least has eSata. Only thing that's not 100% clear is if the
eSata will address drives in the EIDE/PATA sockets or if you have to
fall back to USB for those.

peace
aaron