[ale] AMD ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce ?

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun May 30 11:37:26 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 11:03 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I concur. If you want to get stuff done, nvidia with their <grumble>
> closed source drivers </grumble>. ATI's drivers are unstable and the
> community driver are not quite mature enough yet.

I have experienced more trouble lately with NVIDIA drivers doing stupid
things like completely locking up my boxes than with ATI.  Well, let me
rephrase that:  The ATI driver works perfectly on my laptop, sans one
feature, the GL blur stuff.  That is supposed to be fixed soon.

I'd rather have reliable and missing a feature than feature-complete and
unreliable, myself.

	--- Mike

--
Even if their crude and anticompetitive business practices don't make
you think about using their software, their use of sweatshops and child