[ale] BP knew of problems 11 months before the rig blew

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Sun May 30 10:44:26 EDT 2010

Our faith in our own know-how is certainly taking a beating in this episode.
We know how to unleash forces that we don't know how to control (and destroy
a lot of things we don't know how to replace). People keep comparing this to
Katrina. But I think it's more like Chernobyl. We are likely to have a
long-term dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico.