[ale] installing java runtime on 6 bit RHEL

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu May 27 07:55:28 EDT 2010

Trying to get java runtime installed on my 64 bit box.  I've followed
the instructions at:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000011400.xml#install

In previous installations, I always had to link a .so from the java
install to my firefox plugins directory.

The instructions above do not make any such reference.  Java is not
working in my browser, so I know somethings not right.

Any pointers as to how to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson