[ale] OT - Have you seen this almost trivial solution to the oil mess?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 24 10:39:30 EDT 2010

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 08:58, Tom Freeman wrote:
>> One of the clearest rebuttals to a simple solution that I've seen to
>> date for virtually any situation. If we could all get in the habit of
>> checking ideas this way, we might be in better shape.
>>
>> OTOH, while I don't think hay is "the solution", I suspect that use of
>> hay to chase after the oil has some value, and should see some use.
>> Exactly where is another problem, for another post, and possibly
>> another venue.
>
> Perhaps I didn't catch it, what were the costs/efforts associated with
> harvesting/storing/shipping/distributing the hay?  Hay seems wonderful
> if it get's there on it's own. ;-)

an additional concern is the cost of hay for our cattle/horse farms
after the Fall season.  hay is already a good business so i would
imagine the price would be a premium with a good bit going for the
cleanup effort.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/