[ale] Low-footprint 2-disk NAS server?

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Tue May 18 11:47:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

Desperately seeking a small-form-factor (Mini-ITX or smaller) solution to replace my current 4RU file server. The server rack is gone, and I need something I can fit in a closet or under a desk. And the quieter, the better - I won't be able to stick this in the basement anymore, since, well, there's no basement where I'm going... :)

The main difficulty here is that whatever I go with needs to have two 3.5" drive bays, for RAID1 mirroring (I can replace a 5" CD-ROM bay with one of the drives if needed).

What's your best advice for small/cheap/quiet here?

Thanks,

-Chris