[ale] mysqlfs

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon May 17 18:25:23 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 17:34 -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Sounds like a remote syslog server. What part of your needs are missed
> by syslog and met by mysql? (I'm speaking as a MySQL DBA.)

No syslog involved.  These are console logs coming off many devices.
I've debated about modifying my program to store this data in MYSQL but
am trying mysqlfs now.  Performance is a non-issue for these.   I'm also
doing replication and my only concern is that with the possible high
number of transactions the bin-logs could get very big very fast.  Maybe
I should create a cron job to clean them?