[ale] Current Netbook Options

m-aaron-r aaron at pd.org
Wed May 12 23:00:09 EDT 2010

On 2010/05/12, at 15:26 , Jim Popovitch wrote:

> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 15:17, Geoffrey
> <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dang Venard, 11.6" at 1366x768, I'd need binoculars to see that. ;)
>
> It's a beautiful screen, but since it's the Intel Poulsbo chipset it's
> pretty much basically not supported on any mainstream recent linux
> distro.
>
> -Jim P.

That's a curious comment, since Vernard is saying that he is running
that
system and screen from a recent Ubuntu release:

"[I get] about 4.8 hours with stock Ubuntu 9.04. If you use a netbook
remix you can get  that to around 6 hours of course but I find the
netbook
remix too  limiting for my work style. and I hear you can get a 9 cell
battery for  it...."

Can you clarify what you are talking about?