[ale] Trolls: patent wars and now trademark stupids

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:27:14 EDT 2010

Larry Johnson wrote:
> IANAL, but the word "footlong" has been in common usage for so long (I
> used to buy them at the Southeastern Fair in the 1950s, and I"m sure
> they predate that) that I doubt Subway would win if it every went to
> court.  But what small company wants to fight Subway?

after reading the article I believe that all sandwich places were the
target and the hotdog joint was an oopsie.

Quizno's has 'footlongs' if i remember correctly... i suppose they got a
letter too.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/