[ale] OT: Verizon Mifi

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Tue May 11 22:49:17 EDT 2010

	I looked at the MiFi but then just opted to upgrade my Palm Centro for
the Palm Pre Plus... We got 2 Palm Pre Plus phones for $50 and since
April 1st the 3G Mobile Hotspot feature is free so you only pay the
$29.95 smartphone data plan that you have to get anyway. Can connect up
to 5 devices to it just like the MiFi. I don't know about the MiFi but
the Pre Plus does WPA as well as WEP.

On 05/11/2010 04:49 PM, Alan Dobkin wrote:
> I just picked up one of these at Fry's last night.  It was the last one they had in stock.  They apparently have been running a special on them recently for only $69 and $49/month for the 5 GB service plan with no contract.  I am still waiting for it to be activated, but this seems like a great deal for anyone else who might be interested.  Here are the pertinent links:
>
> http://www.Frys.com/isp/
>
> http://www.Frys.com/isp/MobileBroadband.html
>
> http://www.PhoneNews.com/frys-electronics-is-selling-verizon-mifi-for-70-sans-contract-11179/
>
> http://www.FatWallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1004482/
>
> My only concern is the comment about "it may lack roaming".  Does anyone have any experience with this setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Alan
>
> On May 5, 2010, at 12:11 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
>
>> I will report back in a week or more.  I picked up a mifi today.
>>
>> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 08:04 -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
>>> I think it meets all of my requirements.
>>>
>>> 1) OS Independent
>>> 2) Shareable