[ale] worker issue

m-aaron-r aaron at pd.org
Tue May 11 18:04:02 EDT 2010

On 2010/05/11, at 15:11 , Drew Brown wrote:
> SOLVED.
>
> The creator of Worker wrote me back.
>
> In THIS special case, the answer is to check "run in background".
>
> The custom command that I use is "vim {F}"
> NOT "vim {F} &"  (like "kate {F} &" and it is
> necessary to checkmark "run in background"
> so that it does not lock up the Worker session.
>
> Now, I can call vim by double clicking on any php
> file.  By the way, if anyone is a php coder, I have
> been making vim into a decent IDE. Hit me up if
> you are interested in using the configuration.  I
> hope to get a half dozen people using the same
> custom configuration so that we can make minor
> tweaks and get it to something even more useful.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Drew

(-: Oh sure... go to the source behind my back while I'm
trying to solve the issue for you on my system! ;-)

Worker is a really flexible and powerful tool in that it
is so entirely configurable and extensible, though it is
definitely an old school look and feel.

As you found out, the author is very accessible and
helpful.   It was nice to have a letter published in
Linux format a few months back that called attention
to his Worker program.

(-: for you folks on Debian based systems,
apt-get install worker :-)

peace
aaron