[ale] "podsafe" and free music

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Tue May 4 22:24:13 EDT 2010

I noticed that myself  (I'm a Baroque enthusiast, for mathematical as
well as aesthetic reasons).  I actually think that underfunded forms
of music (and art music certainly fits that category) could really
benefit by the success of this approach.  The symphony orchestras,
chamber ensembles, etc, can't possibly absorb the number of competent
musicians produced by the music departments of colleges and
universities around the country.  This would (to put it in somewhat
crass form) create a direct marketing opportunity for good classically
trained musicians.

Larry